terça-feira, 18 de fevereiro de 2014

Day 23: Foncebadón - Ponferrada

We were a bit afraid of what the weather was gonna be like this morning, but we were blessed with sun! Lots of snow everywhere.. it was fantastic! We tried to keep to the camino and avoid walking on the road as much as we could, although sometimes that meant getting knee-deep into the snow.






A few kms after starting our day, we reached the Cruz de Hierro, where we left the rocks/stones we had been carrying with us since the beginning (and others that I've picked up on the way). I've dedicated this moment to my grandmother. It was a bitter sweet moment for me, I didn't expect it to happen, but I actually felt nostalgic parting from the rock that I'd carried for so long!




After that we started the steep descent of 900m till the foot of the mountains. It was a beautiful walk and the weather was in our favor, with the exception of a foggy stretch. One mishap, though: on the way down I let my phone fall on the asphalt and the screen broke! But fortunately every other function is working, so we are still able to write the blog and communicate with the outside world.





Otherwise, it was a quite uneventful walk until Ponferrada. And a very pleasant one, nonetheless!


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário